Outsidepride Legacy Fine Fescue Turf Grass Seed - 5 LBS by Outsidepride at Grow Website. MPN: OUT-2895. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Legacy is a fine fescue grass seed blend. It gives an immaculate lawn with a blend of hard fescue, chewings fescue and creeping red fescue. Fine
Product Description & Reviews
Legacy is a fine fescue grass seed blend. It gives an immaculate lawn with a blend of hard fescue, chewings fescue and creeping red fescue. Fine fescues are known for performing well in soils with low-fertility. They also perform in areas with partial shade. Legacy is an excellent choice for naturalized areas. The fine fescues are lower growing and blend well with wildflowers. Forty percent of this blend is creeping red fescue which is excellent for soil stabilization. It spreads through aggressive rhizomes to create a dense root system. Plant Legacy grass seed in the spring once soil temperature reaches 55F. If planting in the fall, allow a minimum of 8 weeks for establishment before the first frost. Broadcast ½ of the seed walking across the area north to south, and repeat a second application with the remaining ½ of seed walking east to west. It is not necessary to cover the seed. Keep the seed consistently moist until germination occurs. Generally, the first mowing of Legacy is 25 - 32 days after seeding.
Features & Highlights
- Legacy fine fescue grass seed is a perennial used for lawns, parks, golf courses and many other areas where a dark green, fine bladed seed is desired.
- The lawn seed blend can grow in full sun in cooler climates or in quite shady areas. Not meant for the deep South.
- Its tremendous cold tolerance makes it idea in the northern and transition zones where cold tolerant grass is a must.
- It gives an immaculate lawn with a blend of hard fescue, chewings fescue and creeping red fescue. Fine fescues are known for performing well in soils with low-fertility.
- For new turf, sow 4 - 5 lbs per 1,000 square feet of lawn you desire.
10.7 x 3.7 x 13.2 inches
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Outsidepride, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Without proper care, your yard can quickly become a battleground of grass vs. weeds. Fortunately, there's no need for a turf war, thanks to our most-requested annual lawn care plan, the Scotts® 4 Step® lawn. We show you exactly how and when to fee...
By Gulf Kist Seed
Centipede has proven itself to be the best all-around lawn grass for most sections of the South United States. particularly the South East. For many years Centipede had to be sprigged, a laborious and costly job. Now it is available in seed. Gulf Kis...